Saturday, July 17, 2010

Happy Fall, Y'all!!

Say WHA?!?!?!

Yes, you read right. We had a Fall Party last night. Complete with turkey and dressing. And it was fun!

My sister, Molly, had the fun idea to get into the Fall spirit, since it's so hot and awful outside. So, for a few short hours, we enjoyed the feeling and smells of the Fall season! I had my Pumpkin Spice candle burning and the smell of Pumpkin Bread wafting through the air...

(we tried to ignore the fact that our A/C was blowing so hard and it still couldn't keep up with the heat of this HOT summer!)

My Uncle Dale really got into the spirit and decked out in Fall attire! haha!

My cousin, Jaye, might just have slightly outdone my uncle in her fun Fall clothes! (Can you believe she put on a sweater in this heat?! Oh well! What we do for fun!)

Molly wore her green, Sally wore a Fall Retreat t-shirt, and my aunt wore her Red Sox tshirt??

Uncle Dale and Jaye pulled the wishbone from the turkey!

Jaye won!

Molly and my cousin, Phillip, said "Cheers" to Fall!

Bennett wore his Fall colors and rode his "Me Street" (Sesame Street) car.

The kids watched kid movies while the adults watched "The Blind Side".

Oh my goodness! This Sweet Potato Puff is THE BEST! I make it every Thanksgiving. (Shout out to Ginger for giving me this recipe like 5 years ago!)

Didn't get pics of the turkey, dressing, green bean casserole and salad, but I did get a pic of the best part of the night... THE DESSERTS! Yummo! Pumpkin pie, Pumpkin Bread and my mom's famous Apple Pie!

And everyone was indebted to Molly. She made Pioneer Women's Caramel Pumpkin Gingersnap Cheesecake. O.h. m.y. h.e.c.k.!! Delish!


Yes, we are weird, but we have some fun! :) Come on, Fall!

5 comments:

Bailey said...

aww that is a neat idea!! I am definitely ready for fall!!!! By the way, were you at Target yesterday? I glanced and saw you then when I went to say hey you were just about to walk out the door. If it was you, your green skirt was adorable!

Valerie said...

That, my friend, is an AWESOME idea. How fun!

Bailey said...

I thought it was you but I didn't want to yell your name then it not be! Next time go ahead and come through my lane if I'm on Express!

Anonymous said...

Uncle Dale actually won the wishbone /:

Rhonda said...

That is a great idea. Although I LOVE summer, so I'll probably have a summer party when the frigid days of January get here. What do you think of hot dogs, lemonade, and sunglasses right after the Christmas tree comes down? Yippee!