Thursday, January 27, 2011

This one's all about potty talk...


Bennett is very happy to announce that he... is..... almost/pretty much.... POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh! I can't believe I'm writing that!! This was SUCH a thing I have dreaded since he was born. I have heard horror story after horror story. I am so blessed that in our situation, it wasn't half bad!

By the way, let me stress the fact that I said POTTY trained. We are not poopy trained yet. So, we still have that obstacle ahead of us.

I basically decided last week when we were in bitterly cold/snowed in conditions, that I might as well get serious about it. So, we did! Bless his little heart, he has responded so well!!! It started out that I would ask him every 15-30 minutes if he needed to go, and now tells me when he has to go!! We went to the library the other day, and we were sitting there reading. All of a sudden, he yells (in the very quiet room), "Mama!!! I gotta go poooootttttyyyyy!!!!" We rushed to the little potty and sure enough, he went!! Yay!!!

We've gotten to the point that when Daddy comes home in the evenings, we tell him all the places that Bennett went potty that day! Ha! It's seriously hysterical!

M&Ms are the reward. And boy, has Bennett gotten some M&Ms this week!!

I think this picture is sooo cute!! :) Little Pax is excited for Bennett too! Anytime Bennett goes potty, we have a celebration and Pax likes to participate, too. He says, "yayyy!" and then he claps his hands.
On a similar note, I will close with a funny Bennett story. For some reason, Bennett has confused the meaning of the word "errand". Seriously, I don't know why he thinks this, but he will say, "Mommy, I have a errand in my bottom." Usually, that is followed by a poopy. So, I'm guessing he thinks errand means "toot"?? The other day, Phil said to me, "I wonder what he thinks when I tell him, 'Mommy went to go run some errands.'" Hmmmmmm......

1 comment:

Sally said...

Yay Bennett!!!!!!! Maybe Paxen will follow in his big brother's foot steps soon.... I love the army hat! Soo cute :)