Mr. Jim, our beloved neighbor, called me the other afternoon just as I had laid the boys down for a nap. He had been working for weeks on a big project for his grandkids. He had been busily working out in his workshop to handmake an old-fashioned red wagon. Well, he had just finished the final touches and wanted to take the boys for the wagon's first ride. I sadly told him the boys were taking a nap, but he could come back that night if he would like. We hung up.
Thirty seconds later, my phone rang again. Mr. Jim just couldn't wait to show someone, so he asked if I could come out and look at his masterpiece! I gladly ran out the door to see it! I love that sweet man!
So, that evening, as promised, he came back (just as I had dinner on the table) to give the boys a ride. Ha! Well, I couldn't keep him waiting any longer. I let the boys go out. They were so excited, even though it doesn't look like it! I know when they're completely quiet and still, they're very intent on what's happening. And they didn't make a peep the whole ride!
Isn't it so nice?! I told Mr. Jim that anyone would be so happy to have this treasured possession to share with their children and then pass down.
And I feel so honored that my boys got the chance to have the first ever ride in the beautiful red wagon!
5 comments:
OMGosh...can mr. jim make my boys one too?! please! =)
Goodness gracious, Katie! That is the cutest thing! What lucky little grandkids. And I wish I had a Mr. Jim like that for a neighbor!
Man! Can I ride in it too and honk the horn? That is a masterpiece! How fun!
For real! Mr. Jim is the COOLEST! You can tell him I said that too! Love ya! -Erika
How special!! I love it!
Post a Comment