Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sisters weekend!



This past weekend, I was able to get away with 2 of my sisters for a fun weekend to Dallas.


Phil was so awesome to encourage me to go and spend some time with my sisters. He did great with Bennett! The only part I was worried about was him getting Bennett packed and ready for church Sunday morning. I shouldn't have worried at all. He texted me early Sunday morning several times with up-to-date info on all the details. He let me know that he put all the food, the bottle, change of clothes, diapers and wipes in the bag. He remembered to put his shoes on, give him his bath and grab his jacket. AND - most important of all, he remembered to pick him up from the nursery after church was over! :)


It was the first time I had ever left Bennett, or not been with him overnight since he was born. I actually did pretty good! Although everytime I saw a baby or a kid his age, I missed him a lot! Before we left, I took a pic of me and Bennett so I could look at it when I missed him! :)





I went with Jordan and Anna, since my other sisters were tied up with school. We had a blast! We treated ourselves to a pedicure ...



we went to Ikea...


and pretty much drove all over Dallas!! (don't worry, we were at a red light!)I realized how blessed I am to have sisters who I am so close to. These are the times that I realize what a blessing and privilege it is to be a part of a big family!





2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! I'm impressed. My first time away from Becca was when she was 2 1/2 years old. Who knows when my first night away will be from the 2 of my babies. Way to go Phil!!

fouros said...

Oh I'm so jealous! I'm just glad I have sister-in-laws that I love otherwise I would be very sisterless and sad. :-) Aren't our husbands so wonderful to give us little breaks every now and then.